ADSM-L

Re: Storage Pool Migration and Mediawait question/problem

2002-01-21 12:24:26
Subject: Re: Storage Pool Migration and Mediawait question/problem
From: Wouter V <wouter-v AT EASYNET DOT BE>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 18:23:33 +0100
OK, thank you, I lowered the high mig limit to 50, this evening I will see
what the result is.

But,  I think I found another reason for the mediawait problem.

Since directory information goes to the management class with the longest
retention period,
the directory info went to a management_class (orabackup_35), which goes
directly to tape.
I think if a migration starts (tell me if I'm wrong), TSM can't write the
directory information
directly to tape (because the 2 drives are used), so all clients have to
wait until
migration is finished (TSM then mounts again the tape with the directory
information).  I solved
this by creating a mc with a longer retention period than all other mc's,
going to disk first.
(I also could use the dirmc option).

Thank you for your responses !!

Regards,