ADSM-L

Re: versioning / expiring / multiple backups under same nodename

2015-10-04 17:13:41
Subject: Re: versioning / expiring / multiple backups under same nodename
From: Mike Yager [mailto:yager AT QUALEXPHOTO DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Exactly, while im not doing TSM on my clusters (yet) Daniel is correct.

In my MS-clustered environment, I have the following entries in DNS

SRV01
SRV02

CLUSTER1
DB2-01

the last 2 are a "logical" name of the cluster resource. This allows the
"resource" to be managed separately from the physical machine or other
"resources" and/or physical machine.

I would caution you to be careful as you indicated the resources DO show up
as being owned by the controlling node. IE DON'T back it up via that
attachment even if you can see it as when it changes to a new node you will
have a different name as you mentioned....

Please keep us posted as I'll be headed down this road shortly.

-mike
?--
?--
The description you gave tells me there is something wrong with your
configuration.

Normally when you set up TSM to handle clustering, you have one TSM
nodename for each clusternode(M1,M2,M3). These nodenames are only for
backing up local files on the node. Then you have either one nodename for
each clusterresource, or one nodename for all clusterresources. You also
have to bind the nodename to the clusterresource, so that the TSM service
that handles the cluster nodename, moves with the clusterresource.

Michael Yager
Michael Yager
IBM Global Services
(919)382-4808