ADSM-L

TSM Server on Windows - Does it work?

2015-10-04 17:13:41
Subject: TSM Server on Windows - Does it work?
From: wptw63 [mailto:wptw63 AT TELSTRA DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Thanks to everybody who contributed.  There's been some really useful
information. My understanding is that a single AIX box will scale
further and perform better than a Windows machine (indulge me by
assuming that we don't stuff 8 processors into the Windows box).
However the downside of this is that we should have AIX skills.  We
don't.

So let's scale out (as Microsoft like to say, but then they would; they
can sell more licenses...).  We currently have over 200 clients,
incremental backup fluctuates between 100 & 300 GB per 24 hours.  Can
anybody give me some guideance on how many boxes, and of what size, I
should consider?

AIX fans: Please feel free to contribute your spec as well!

Once again thanks for all the info.  I never expected TSM to be such
fun! BTW, apologies for having igniting another UNIX vs Windows
firestorm.

Pete.