ADSM-L

Re: Schedule Question

2002-01-18 10:15:28
Subject: Re: Schedule Question
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 10:12:16 -0500
> I'll try to keep this short... In setting up a schedule for a TDP
exchange
> database backup in TSM, if I select the action to be INCREMENTAL but my
> Objects line launches my .cmd script which reads:
>  start /B tdpexcc backup * full /tsmoptfile=dsm.opt /logfile=excsch.log >
> excfull.log
> Which takes precedence? and if it is the cmd script how do I actually do
an
> incremental, do I put "start /B tdpexcc backup * incr" or something like
> this.
> Also, is it advisable and possible to run daily incrementals and weekly
> fulls of my databases?
> Thanks again to all, this discussion group has been a very educational
tool.

Mark,

You should be using "COMMAND" type schedules.
Please read the appendix in the TDP for Exchange User's Guide
that describes how to set up scheduling for TDP for Exchange.
In  short, you set up COMMAND type schedules that
call xxx.cmd files that run the desired backups.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"Celebrate we will. Life is short but sweet for certain..."  -- Dave