ADSM-L

Re: Excluding Files from backup on Different Days.

2002-01-18 09:55:17
Subject: Re: Excluding Files from backup on Different Days.
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 15:45:34 +0100
Hi Chad

The simplest way to do it would be to create a different management class,
with the copy frequency set to 7. I would then associate the PST-files with
this management class.

For ex. include     *:\...\*.pst   7daymgmtclass

where 7daymgmtclass would be the new mgmt class you have created.

Setting the copy freq. to 7 should do it.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergkällavägen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

                    "Gent, Chad E."

                    <CEGent AT LMUS DOT LEGG        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                    MASON.COM>               cc:

                    Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:     Excluding Files from
backup on Different Days.
                    Dist Stor

                    Manager"

                    <[email protected]

                    .EDU>

                    2002-01-18 15:03

                    Please respond to

                    "ADSM: Dist Stor

                    Manager"

Hello All,

I have a TSM Client 4.2.1 on Windows NT 4.  I would like to exclude all PST
files in my backup. (exclude ?:*.pst) But now management has requested that
we  backup these files once a week.  Is there a way in my option file or on
the TSM Server that I can set this up to backup my pst files once a week.

Any help would be great!

Chad