ADSM-L

Schedule Question

2002-01-18 09:02:02
Subject: Schedule Question
From: Mark Bertrand <Mark.Bertrand AT USUNWIRED DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:52:18 -0600
Hi All,

I'll try to keep this short... In setting up a schedule for a TDP exchange
database backup in TSM, if I select the action to be INCREMENTAL but my
Objects line launches my .cmd script which reads:
 start /B tdpexcc backup * full /tsmoptfile=dsm.opt /logfile=excsch.log >
excfull.log
Which takes precedence? and if it is the cmd script how do I actually do an
incremental, do I put "start /B tdpexcc backup * incr" or something like
this.
Also, is it advisable and possible to run daily incrementals and weekly
fulls of my databases?
Thanks again to all, this discussion group has been a very educational tool.

Mark