ADSM-L

Software/Hardware compression?

2015-10-04 17:13:41
Subject: Software/Hardware compression?
From: Jason Stoessler [mailto:Jason.Stoessler AT GUARDIANIT DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi All,
I know in other products that you can not run software compression and
hardware compression concurrently.  I have been told that it results in the
files reverting to an almost uncompressed state.
What I need is to know if the same applies to TSM.  My company are thinking
of purchasing TSM so if anyone knows of an official statement from
IBM/Tivoli that I can be referred to that would be appreciated.
The software platform will be Solaris and the autochanger is an STK L700
with 9840 fibre drives TSM 4.2.1.7.

Jason Stoessler
Guardian iT