ADSM-L

Compression with DB2 Backup and TDP for Informix

2002-01-16 09:44:18
Subject: Compression with DB2 Backup and TDP for Informix
From: Gerhard Wolkerstorfer <Gerhard.Wolkerstorfer AT T-SYSTEMS DOT AT>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:44:13 +0100
Hi all,
we are using TSM Server 3.7.5 on OS/390
We have Clients on Solaris 2.6/7 with the Backup Client V3.7.2 and TDP for
Informix V4.1.2.0
We have even Clients on Win 2000 with the Backup Client V3.1.8  and DB2 V7.1
using the DB2 BACKUP Command with the Option USE TSM

In the Option Files we set COMPRESSION to ON, but when using the TDP or Db2
Agent, the size of the data on the client is the same as the size of the data
transferred to the server.
So I guess the data is uncompressed because other tools can compress these
databases. (I don't get any statistics about the compression)

Am I missing something to really compress the data ?

Regards
Gerhard Wolkerstorfer