ADSM-L

Procedure for migrating TSM from on hardware platform to another.

2002-01-15 14:04:45
Subject: Procedure for migrating TSM from on hardware platform to another.
From: Peter Hadikin <Peter_Hadikin AT BCIT DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:20:40 -0800
I posted a note a while back about moving our VM TSM server to an AIX
platform.  I am wondering if anybody out there has a step by step
procedure (or close to it) for carrying out such a task.  Is it
necessary to export all data and re-import to the new server?  If yes,
is this not a huge lengthy procedure?  Is it possible to 'migrate'
directly from the old server to the new server using our network?  Any
info would be tremendously appreciated.  If there are documents out
there that I am not aware of, please forward them on to me.

Take care and have a super week, Peter