ADSM-L

Drivers in TSM 4.2.0.0

2002-01-15 10:09:01
Subject: Drivers in TSM 4.2.0.0
From: Christian Astuni <astuni AT AR.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 12:04:00 -0300
Hi all ... I have a question, because I have a server TSM 4.2.0.0 in NT 4
SP 6a and 4 drives Quantum DLT8000 and if I use the driver of TSM, doesn't
work.
But if I defined the drives as generic tape and use the driver of operating
system and the TSM work fine.

TSM 4.2.0.0 can work whit Quantum DLT8000 ? There are the drivers of TSM
4.2.0.0 for this drives ?
What is the difference is I define a generic tape and work with drivers of
operating system ? Is this recommendable ?

Thank very much for your answers ...
Regards.

Christian Astuni
IBM Global Services
astuni AT ar.ibm DOT com
Tel. 4898-4621
Hipolito Yrigoyen 2149  - Martínez (1640) Bs. As. - Argentina