ADSM-L

Re: Handling spikes in storage transfer

2002-01-14 17:03:58
Subject: Re: Handling spikes in storage transfer
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 14:01:17 -0800
Zoltan,

from a *nix box, I suggest

dsmadmc -server=serverstanza -id=id -password=password -comma -out=outfile
select \* from backups where node_name=\'NODENAME\'

From there, you can massage outfile however you like with the usual *nix
tools.  For what you're trying to do, sort seems like the one I'd use.  If
you're an NT guy, I guess you could use Excel or Access, but they'd be
slower.  Either way, it's most likely a lot faster than running multiple
queries in your TSM database, which can be excruciatingly slow.

Alex Paschal
Storage Administrator
Freightliner, LLC
(503) 745-6850 phone/vmail