ADSM-L

Re: ADSM v3 on Wy2k...

2002-01-14 10:53:47
Subject: Re: ADSM v3 on Wy2k...
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <ADSM AT MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:50:38 -0500
On 12 Jan 2002 at 12:57, you wrote, in part:
> But how the ADSM v3 (both client/server) handle the AD(Active Directory)
> of Win2K environment. Is it supported? If not, how we can handle that?
> and how do i backup the WinY2k registries?

We don't use Active Directory, so I can't help there.

On Win2K and XP, we backup the registry with a separate schedule that
simply invokes NTBackup (to a disk file that *SM later backs up).

The particular command I think we use is

ntbackup backup systemstate /F
%systemroot%\_Registry_Backup\NTBackup.bkf

cheers, wayne