ADSM-L

Re: DBBackup Tapes never being asked for

2002-01-11 16:19:23
Subject: Re: DBBackup Tapes never being asked for
From: Bill Mansfield <WMansfield AT SOLUTIONTECHNOLOGY DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:16:51 -0600
The other thing about this is that if you are making incremental backups to
a local FILE class device along with your full backup series, DRM will not
handle the full backup tapes.  Makes sense if you think about it ... DRM
cannot assure the incrementals are "in the vault".

_____________________________
William Mansfield
Senior Consultant
Solution Technology, Inc

                    Adam J Boyer
                    <adam.j.boyer@       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    FRB.GOV>             cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: DBBackup Tapes never
being asked for
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    01/11/2002
                    02:33 PM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

DRM will delete DB backups based on the value set by:

SET DRMDBBACKKUPEXPIREDAYS

I have seen that if you prune the volume history of database entries DRM
loses track of those pruned entries.