ADSM-L

Re: Exchange Restore Problem

2002-01-11 07:55:31
Subject: Re: Exchange Restore Problem
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 07:52:04 -0500
> PJMNT11, TSM Server: PJMNT24, Status: ACN4226E -- Exchange Error:
ACN3516E -- An
> unknown Exchange API error has occurred.
>
> Has anyone experienced this error?  What are the possible causes?  What
are the
> possible solutions?  Can I use TDP V2.2 to restore these backups?  If, so
how?

Sean,

In order to restore version 1 backups, you must use version 1.
(See READEXC.TXT and User's Guide chapter 1 for exact details.)

"An unknown Exchange API error has occurred." usually means that
TDP for Exchange called a Microsoft API to prepare the restore
and the Microsoft API failed with an unexpected problem that
even the Microsoft API was not prepared for (otherwise, they
usually report some type of textual message.)

In this case, it usually requires a trace to find out what
error is causing this.  If Andrew's ideas do not help
resolve the situation, please call support for assistance.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"Celebrate we will. Life is short but sweet for certain..."  -- Dave