ADSM-L

Re: How reliable are your 3590 K media

2002-01-10 18:32:47
Subject: Re: How reliable are your 3590 K media
From: Gabriel Wiley <wileyg AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:40:33 -0500
We use about 3,300 3,400 K tapes,  we have had minimal problems. (Less than
1%)

Our CE did tell us though when this was "New" technology the tapes should
be handled like a newborn baby.........

In my mind I was like uhuh  that's going to happen.   (Tape Ops MO is slam
em -n- jam em )

Still we have little problems.

Gabriel C. Wiley
ADSM/TSM Administrator
AIX Support
Phone 1-614-308-6709
Pager  1-877-489-2867
Fax      1-614-308-6637
Cell       1-740-972-6441

Siempre Hay Esperanza

"Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 01/10/2002
03:26:02 PM

Sent by:    "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>