ADSM-L

Re: Copypool reclamation

2002-01-10 14:53:21
Subject: Re: Copypool reclamation
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:43:49 -0500
Alan, I am guessing that the operation you discribe also
is writing the copypool tapes over a loooong wire between the tsm server
and the remote library.  In that case, there is no need to change the status
of the copypool tapes to offsite.  Since they stay in readwrite status, and
the tsm server thinks they are onsite, which they are - onsite to the remote
library - a reclaim of the copypool will use the copypool tapes as input.
It is the status of offsite which causes the primary pool tapes to be used
as input for sites that aren't fully 'hands-off' yet.

--