ADSM-L

Re: Recovery Log behavior after 100% util reached

2015-10-04 17:13:40
Subject: Re: Recovery Log behavior after 100% util reached
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
My database is at approx 54% utilized..

tsm: ADSMFP>q db

Available     Assigned       Maximum       Maximum        Page
Total          Used       Pct      Max.
    Space     Capacity     Extension     Reduction        Size
Usable         Pages      Util       Pct
     (MB)         (MB)          (MB)          (MB)     (bytes)
Pages                              Util
---------     --------     ---------     ---------     -------
---------     ---------     -----     -----
---------     ---------     -----     -----
   48,092       48,092             0         2,476       4,096
   48,092       48,092             0         2,476       4,096
12,311,55     6,732,305      54.7      55.0

And there are no warning messages in the actlog about the db size, only
warning messages about the recovery log size.
We are running NORMAL recovery log mode, not roll forward.  And max pct
util on the db has not been reset in months.

                    "Cook, Dwight
                    E (SAIC)"            To:     "'ADSM: Dist Stor Manager'"
<ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>,
                    <cookde AT bp DOT co        "'dlhuillier AT PERSHING DOT
COM'"
<dlhuillier AT PERSHING DOT COM>
                    m>                   cc:
                                         Subject:     RE: Recovery Log
behavior after 100% util reached
                    01/10/2002
                    01:07 PM

Double check the status of your DB !

I glitched the other day in that my log was doing odd things like going to
100.1% utilized, then would zero back out
(oh, check to see if you have logmode normal or rollforward ! )
with logmode normal you should rarely see it get much over a few %
utilized...

ANYWAY I didn't catch that the DB was FULL !  YIKES !

I missed that during the day and that night at 03:24 (that hurt enough that
I remember the time down to the minute)
     all client activity came to a HALT !

just something I ran into...

Dwight