ADSM-L

V4.2.1.7 Hanging

2002-01-10 13:37:58
Subject: V4.2.1.7 Hanging
From: Jim Sporer <james.sporer AT DOIT.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:36:34 -0600
We have been running the v4.2.1.7 version of the TSM server for about a
month.  A couple of weeks ago we started experiencing server hangs and were
able to determine that a particular Query Event command was causing the
hang.  The query is a rather complicated query that is generated by a Perl
script scheduled by kron.  We have been running the script for several
years and it has never caused a problem before.  We took the script out of
kron and ran it manually and it worked just fine.  I reported the problem
to TSM Support but was wondering if anyone else was experiencing server
hangs with the V4.2.1.7 code?
Jim Sporer