ADSM-L

Re: Recovery Log behavior after 100% util reached

2015-10-04 17:13:40
Subject: Re: Recovery Log behavior after 100% util reached
From: Cook, Dwight E (SAIC) [mailto:cookde AT BP DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Double check the status of your DB !

I glitched the other day in that my log was doing odd things like going to
100.1% utilized, then would zero back out
(oh, check to see if you have logmode normal or rollforward ! )
with logmode normal you should rarely see it get much over a few %
utilized...

ANYWAY I didn't catch that the DB was FULL !  YIKES !

I missed that during the day and that night at 03:24 (that hurt enough that
I remember the time down to the minute)
        all client activity came to a HALT !

just something I ran into...

Dwight