ADSM-L

Re: Strange 3590/3494-volume-behavior..?

2002-01-09 14:38:55
Subject: Re: Strange 3590/3494-volume-behavior..?
From: Rejean Larivee/Quebec/IBM <rlarivee AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 15:36:25 -0400
Hello,
there is an open apar that addresses your situation.
This is apar PQ55669. The problem is that there may be
orphan entries in a TSM table in the db that prevents
the volume from being acessed again until the server
is restarted. There is no fix for this yet.
Regards,
Rejean Larivee
Rejean Larivee
TSM/ADSM Level 2 Support

                    Tom Tann{s

                    <tom.tannas@US       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    IT.UIO.NO>           cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: Strange
3590/3494-volume-behavior..?
                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR

                    IST.EDU>

                    01/09/2002

                    03:14 PM

                    Please respond

                    to "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

Yes, you were right.
After restarting the server, the volume was available for use again.
Strange..

Anyway, thanks to all who spent a few seconds in helping me out...

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Rainer Wolf wrote:

> Hello,
> mabe you just need to halt and restart the server.
> I had the same phaenomen some weeks ago with volumes, that have been
> written directly by clients and at the same time the log file has reached
> 100 % before the triggered DBbackup has ended ...
> ( this should not normally happen )
> first I tried the same as you ( 3494/3590/tsm4.1.3.0 ) and the restart
did it
> ... the volumes became accessible as usual.
>
> --
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
> Rainer Wolf
>

>  __________________________________________________________
>
>  Rainer Wolf                  rainer.wolf AT rz.uni-ulm DOT de
>  Tel: 0731-50-22482           Fax: 0731-50-22471
>  University of Ulm            http://www.uni-ulm.de/urz
>  University Computing Center  Albert-Einstein-Allee 11
>  AG Basissysteme              89069 Ulm
>

> Tom Tann{s wrote:
> >
> > Hello TSM'ers!
> >
> > I have a problem with a volume in my 3494-library..
> >
> > Tsm-server is 4.2.1.7, AIX.
> >
> > I discovered the problem a few days ago, when trying to move data from
the
> > volume to another stg-pool.
> > Tsm incists that the volume is inaccessible.
> > An audit also result in the same:
> >
> > 01/07/2002 16:57:05  ANR2321W Audit volume process terminated for
volume ORA052
> >                       - storage media inaccessible.
> >
> > The volume was dropped by the gripper a week or so ago, but it was
> > re-entered via the recovery-cell. I have inventoried the frame, audited
> > the library on the tsm-server. A "manual mount",
> > mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -m -f/dev/rmt1 -VORA052 /mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -d
-f/dev/rmt1
> > work fine.
> > work fine.
> > I've even done checkout/checkin libvol.
> >
> > But now I'm stuck...
> >
> > ANy suggestions on where to look/what to try, would be appreciated...
> >
> >                                          Tom
> >
> > tsm: SUMO>q libvol 3494 ORA052
> >
> > Library Name   Volume Name   Status       Owner        Last Use    Home
Element