ADSM-L

Re: Long-Term Storage

2002-01-09 14:22:38
Subject: Re: Long-Term Storage
From: Mark Bertrand <Mark.Bertrand AT USUNWIRED DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 07:26:02 -0600
Jon,

I do not know if this will help, but it is possible to restore a single file
from a backupset. Look into the command line options, I successfully did
this in my testing on a W2K box with Tivoli 4.1.2.

On another note, can you or anyone else suggest where to find information on
how to add a CD-R as another library to my existing system.

IBM Netfinity running W2K (I know, I know, don't dog me, I would of choose
AIX)
3583 Ultrium library
TSM Server v 4.1.3
(I can provide more details if needed)

Would it be possible to switch between the 3583 and the CDR for my smaller
backup sets? If we were to retain a backup set for each of our nodes at each
date interval the cost would add up quickly with just LTO tapes. Those
expensive LTO tapes would be tied up with a single backupset for X amount of
days (years) unless another solution can be reached.

Thanks All,
Mark