ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.2.1.6 not talking to 3584 Library

2002-01-09 03:00:00
Subject: Re: TSM 4.2.1.6 not talking to 3584 Library
From: Sotonyi Attila <sotonyi AT MAVINFORMATIKA DOT HU>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 08:59:01 +0100
Hi,

Try to go through these steps, I think it will help.

ANR8840E Unable to open device device name with error error number.

Explanation: The library was inaccessible, thus causing a open request to
fail. This will inturn cause the pending request to fail.

System Action: A drive is marked inaccessible and the server starts polling
the drive to determine if the library and drive are inaccessable. In most
case, the libary had a temporary failure and recovers. When the server
determines that the library is available, the drive will be brought back
online.

User Response: Verify the library is online. Verify cable connections
between the library and the server. If the problem persists contact your
service representative.
-----
ANR8826E No Entry/Exit found on library library name.
ANR8826E No Entry/Exit found on library library name.

Explanation: A CHECKIN LIBVOLUME SEARCH=BULK command was issued on a library
that has no Entry/Exit ports.

System Action: None.

User Response: None.

Üdv,
 Sótonyi Attila                          mailto:sotonyi AT mavinformatika DOT hu
 Rendszermérnök
 MÁV Informatika Kft.
 Tel.:06(1)457-9372