ADSM-L

Re: Open file for TSM

2002-01-08 08:36:09
Subject: Re: Open file for TSM
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 08:26:02 -0500
> We can install SQL server but the problem is the configuration can be
> different from the original. we looking forward if the base
backup/archive
> client and OFM can deliver the full image backup of SQL server (including
> based applications and physical database files). So, incase of
corruptions,
> we can able to restore completely, then, restore using TDP of SQL the
latest
> backup of database/transaction logs.
>
> is it possible? thanks....

Zosimo,

In the situation where you are restoring from a "disaster",
you will need to do a "bare metal restore" to restore the machine,
system state (like the registry), and its application files to a
good state. Then, you would use TDP for SQL to restore the databases
to a good state. The most important restore there is the "master" database.
(See the User's Guide for information on restoring the "master" database.)
Much of the SQL Server configuration is kept in the master database and
the Windows registry so you should make sure that TDP for SQL is
backing up the master database and that your backup/archive client
is backing up the registry.  I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"Celebrate we will. Life is short but sweet for certain..."  -- Dave