ADSM-L

3494 Library Sharing w/o SAN

2015-10-04 17:13:40
Subject: 3494 Library Sharing w/o SAN
From: Luke Dahl [mailto:ldahl AT JPL.NASA DOT GOV]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi Everyone,

    3494 Library
    6 3590 Drives
    2 Sun Solaris Servers w/TSM 4.1.2

We'd like to share the 3494 library and I cannot find any good
documentation on doing so.  I've read through the redbooks and most
discuss sharing through a SAN.  Has anyone implemented this or a similar
configuration?  We'd like to dedicate three drives to each TSM server.
We have configured the library manager to "shared" and the tsm
parameters to share the library.  We're about to bring the library
online and am looking for any advice or known issues beforehand.  The
connection to the library is SCSI.  If anyone can offer any assistance I
would very much appreciate it.  Have a great weekend!

Luke Dahl
NASA-Jet Propulsion Laboratory
818-354-7117