ADSM-L

Re: backup file list

2015-10-04 17:13:39
Subject: Re: backup file list
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I've got this SQL statement for backup, archive and restore stats.

"select activity,sum(bytes)/1048576*.001 from summary where activity in
('BACKUP','ARCHIVE','RESTORE') and start_tim>TIMESTAMP(CURRENT_DATE -1 DAY,
'08:00:00') group by activity order by 1"

I'm guessing that was at least partially a script that came with the server,
as I don't usually write such in depth SQL.

As for your backup files lists I can only tell you what we're doing.  That's
looking for files that had some sort of error state. Query the actlog ( I
get the previous 24 hours every morning at 08:00 and get the scripts to look
through it for various things ) and grep for the following codes.
ANE4987E ( Files that were in use at backup time )
ANE4007E ( Files which TSM was denied accesss to )
ANE4005E ( Files that have probably been deleted )

Well, hope that helps, it should at least keep you busy for a while ;-)

-
Ed Anderson
Ed Anderson
ceanderson AT dis.umsmed DOT edu

>>> iykim AT CDDATA.CO DOT KR 12/20/01 23:24 PM >>>
Does anyone have a query that will tell me the backup file lists
and the average amount of data transmitted a day?

CD DATA CORP. IDC TEAM. KIM IN YOP
14th Floor,Sam Jung Bldg.
237-11,Nonhyun-Dong,Gangnam-Gu,
Seoul,Korea 135-831