ADSM-L

Re: FILESPACE_NAME vs. HL_NAME

2002-01-03 20:23:04
Subject: Re: FILESPACE_NAME vs. HL_NAME
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 17:20:27 -0800
Are these by any chance NFS mounted directories? We do a lot of
archives with loopback-mounted filesystems, and over the course
of multiple iterations of the dsmc client we have found that
ADSM/TSM have treated these filesystems differently wrt to what
is FILESPACE_NAME and what is HL_NAME.

The proper way to find these files with a 'dsmc q arch' or
'dsmc retr' is to explicitly name the filespace in your filespec.

So, in your example, you have a single file which has been
archived under three different filespace names. Assuming you were
looking to retrieve the version of the file archived on
2001-12-22, you would issue the following command:

dsmc retr '{/WORK/DATA}/MARTINE/BS0266'

If you do not specify the filespace in your filespec, ADSM/TSM
will use the filespace that has the *longest* match, e.g., in
your case by default it will always find the version archived on
2001-11-20.

 -- Tom

Thomas A. La Porte
DreamWorks SKG