ADSM-L

Open file for TSM

2001-12-31 02:57:28
Subject: Open file for TSM
From: William SO Ng <ngwso AT HK1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 15:39:03 +0800
Hello there,

I think this question had been asked before a thousand times but being a
new member to TSM, I'll still confused.

TSM does not has open file option and recommend to use Open File Manager
from St. Bernard Software to back up open file on NT.  My question is:

Does this means that TSM must use Open File Manager for a complete backup
solution on NT ?

The official answer from TSM is that we can use dynamic backup to backup
file even if it is locked.   But the result will not be guarentee.  Does it
means that we have to use Open File Manager to compensate it ?  Does anyone
use TSM alone and encounter problem on NT platform for open file ?

If the answer for the second question is no, then this Open File Manager
seems to be little of use.

Regards
William

Tivoli Software, IBM Software Group, IBM China/Hong Kong Limited
11/F, PCCW Tower, Taikoo Place, 979 King's Road, Hong Kong
Internet : ngwso AT hk1.ibm DOT com
Tel: 2825-7613                    Fax: 2825-0022