ADSM-L

Re: Moving Log Volumes on 3.1

2001-12-27 19:30:45
Subject: Re: Moving Log Volumes on 3.1
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 02:31:43 +0200
I do not know will this work in ADSM 3.1 (but it ought to). At least it
works in my TSM 4.1.
1. (optional) Format log volume files - if on Windows or prefer to use
files instead of raw devices
2. Mirror the volume(s) in question using "DEFine LOGCopy" command (in my
test "def logc /dev/rtsm_log0 /dev/rtsm_log1")
3. Delete old copy using "DELete LOGVolume" command (in my test "del logv
/dev/rtsm_log0")
If you wish to have DB and LOG mirrored on different disks on the end
repeat steps 1&2 (i.e. "def logc /dev/rtsm_log1 /dev/rtsm_log2" or
something similar).

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

"Ward, Stuart" <Wards AT BMCMASK DOT COM> on 26.12.2001 21:29:20