ADSM-L

SCSI Channel to LTO drive rule of thumb

2001-12-20 10:24:31
Subject: SCSI Channel to LTO drive rule of thumb
From: "Taylor, David" <DTaylor AT WBMI DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:20:40 -0600
Hi *,

Can anyone share with me, a good rule-of-thumb for the maximum number of LTO
drives that should be attached to a single Ultra-II SCSI bus?   Using the
theoretical max transfer rates of 15 MB/s for the drives and 80 MB/s for the
SCSI, I shoould be able to put 5 drives on one bus and still have room to
spare (theoretically).    What is the generally accepted maximum number, in
the real world?

TIA

David Taylor

the system manager.