ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.1 AIX client hangs

2001-12-20 08:44:48
Subject: Re: TSM 4.1 AIX client hangs
From: Miles Purdy <PURDYM AT FIPD.GC DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 07:41:21 -0600
Hi,

If I understand you correctly you have many AIX clients, but only one is not
working properly? If that is the case, I'd start with the AIX box, not the TSM
client.

Miles

-------------------
Miles Purdy
Miles Purdy
System Manager
Farm Income Programs Directorate
Winnipeg, MB, CA
purdym AT fipd.gc DOT ca
ph: (204) 984-1602 fax: (204) 983-7557

"If you hold a UNIX shell up to your ear, can you hear the C?"
----------------------
>>> jaberle AT APPLE DOT COM 19-Dec-01 5:54:52 PM >>>
>>> jaberle AT APPLE DOT COM 19-Dec-01 5:54:52 PM >>>
Hello,

I have an AIX 4.3.3 system that performs many archive sessions daily via TSM
client 4.1.3.  Since we updated from 3.7, each day, we have at least one
dsmc processes hung on the client where there is no session on the server
for the hung dsmc.  Our server is running 4.1.3.  Other nodes connected to
this server are not having the same issue.   Has anyone seen this issue?  I
have upped my idletimout to 60 and commtimeout to 4200 on the server side.
Will going to 4.2.1 on the client help?

Thanks for the help,

Jonathan