ADSM-L

Re: TDP Domino crashing

2001-12-19 07:24:24
Subject: Re: TDP Domino crashing
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 07:21:39 -0500
> I had TDP for Domino running on a schedule, and all was good.
>
> Particulars:
> Client:  BA 4.2.1 -  TDP Domino 1.1.2.0  -  Domino 5.07a, NT4 SP latest.
> Server: TSM 4.1.4.0  -  AIX 4.3.3
>
> Suddenly one day, we started getting a "Dr. Watson" errors on the Domino
> Server every morning, the offending app is domdsmc.exe, it is the usual
> "memory can not be read" error.
>
> Odd thing is, I can run the script (batch file) manually and it runs to
> completion.
>
> Any ideas?

Jeff,

Are there other "maintenance" processes going on at night,
like database compacting? .. or other task that might be
taking a lot of memory or monopolizing the Domino server?
Try moving the scheduled backup to the morning temporarily
to see if it is a resource issue.
If this was working before I doubt it is a permissions issue.

If this continues, even after a machine reboot, I would contact
IBM support so that traces can be gathered to help diagnose
what the problem is.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"Celebrate we will. Life is short but sweet for certain..."  -- Dave