ADSM-L

Re: Recover log at 5120MB and full - Cannot start TSM

2001-12-18 11:14:32
Subject: Re: Recover log at 5120MB and full - Cannot start TSM
From: Andy Carlson <andyc AT ANDYC.CARENET DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 10:10:56 -0600
The other thing that has bitten us, is not the number of sessions, but
the oldest session.  We have had backup sessions running 10 hours or
more, pinning log data.  This pinned log data does not allow the log to
shrink, even if you perform a database backup.

Andy Carlson                             |\      _,,,---,,_
andyc AT andyc.carenet DOT org            ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
BJC Health System                       |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
St. Louis, Missouri                    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)
Cat Pics: http://andyc.dyndns.org/animal.html