ADSM-L

Re: Drive Mapping for W2K over SAN to LTO with Sun TSM server

2001-12-16 12:02:03
Subject: Re: Drive Mapping for W2K over SAN to LTO with Sun TSM server
From: "Seay, Paul" <seay_pd AT NAPTHEON DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 00:26:34 -0500
I can tell you right now that the QLOGIC card is going to have problems on
the W2K server.  Every time you do a fabric update a RSCN is sent out and
QLogic will kill the drives in W2K and require a reboot to get them back.
The fix for this problem is an unreleased driver 8.1.3 that is supposed to
go GA in a couple of weeks.

This is standard stuff.  Follow the instructions in the book otherwise.  I
can probably dig up all the commands that you will need to issue.  I can
tell you this is really slick stuff based on our experiences.  So far, we
have only used AIX and Solaris Storage Agents, but we will be doing W2K next
week on exactly what you are doing except it is an AIX TSM server.