ADSM-L

Re: LTO, import data

2001-12-13 19:36:29
Subject: Re: LTO, import data
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 18:32:58 -0600
Tom,

I am importing in the other direction and seeing some wierdness also.  I am
importing DLT to LTO.

Since "import" appears to be a streaming application, you would expect to
see full drive speed.  Instead, my 8 MB/s DLT drives feed data to TSM at
2.5 to 3.5 MB/s.  Even if the incoming file is very large so there is
almost no DB overhead.  And my DLT library is on a dedicated PCI bus.

I have no idea why imports are running as slow as they do.

Tab Trepagnier
TSM Administrator
Laitram Corporation

Tom Tann{s <tom.tannas AT USIT.UIO DOT NO>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 12/13/2001 05:43:12