ADSM-L

Re: Two devclasses with storagetek library L700

2001-12-13 14:22:02
Subject: Re: Two devclasses with storagetek library L700
From: Bill Mansfield <WMansfield AT SOLUTIONTECHNOLOGY DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 11:36:57 -0600
TSM does not support mixed SCSI libraries.  You need software that
virtualizes the library, such as ACSLS.

_____________________________
William Mansfield
Senior Consultant
Solution Technology, Inc

                    Matthias
                    Feyerabend           To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <M.Feyerabend@       cc:
                    GSI.DE>              Subject:     Two devclasses with
storagetek library L700
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    12/13/2001
                    09:46 AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hello,

we are trying to use Storagetek library L700 with two DLT and two LTO
drives.
All drives are online. Checkin of DLT volumes was ok, but we are not able
checkin some LTO volumes. We were trying checkin libvol with parameter
devtype=LTOCLASS1, nevertheless we get message:

ANR8373I 001: Fill the bulk entry/exit port of library
LIBTSMB0 with all DLT volumes to be processed within 60
minute(s); issue 'REPLY' along with the request ID when ready.

The library waits for DLT volumes, not for LTO ones.
How do I checkin scratch volumes for LTO and how scratch volumes for DLT ?

Matthias Feyerabend