ADSM-L

Two devclasses with storagetek library L700

2001-12-13 10:49:32
Subject: Two devclasses with storagetek library L700
From: Matthias Feyerabend <M.Feyerabend AT GSI DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 16:46:56 +0100
Hello,

we are trying to use Storagetek library L700 with two DLT and two LTO drives.
All drives are online. Checkin of DLT volumes was ok, but we are not able to
checkin some LTO volumes. We were trying checkin libvol with parameter
devtype=LTOCLASS1, nevertheless we get message:

ANR8373I 001: Fill the bulk entry/exit port of library
LIBTSMB0 with all DLT volumes to be processed within 60
minute(s); issue 'REPLY' along with the request ID when ready.

The library waits for DLT volumes, not for LTO ones.
How do I checkin scratch volumes for LTO and how scratch volumes for DLT ?

Matthias Feyerabend