ADSM-L

Re: svcerror while installing TSMv4.2.1 on WinNT 4.0

2001-12-13 09:55:01
Subject: Re: svcerror while installing TSMv4.2.1 on WinNT 4.0
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 15:46:25 +0100
Have you checked to see that the registry key exists? It contains
information about your client, such as the password access generate key.

It should be located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\ADSM

How do you execute dsmcutil install? If the nodename on the ba client is
not the same as the servername you should use the /node: parameter.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergkällavägen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

                    "Springer Friedrich

                    ,VASL/FAI"                        To:     ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <Friedrich.Springer@VOESTA        cc:

                    LPINE.COM>                        Subject:     svcerror
while installing TSMv4.2.1 on WinNT 4.0
                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor

                    Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                    2001-12-13 14:20

                    Please respond to "ADSM:

                    Dist Stor Manager"

Hallo everyone!
We installed TSM V4.2.1 on an WinNT Client V4.0 and got
svcerror.log:
12/11 17:10:12 dscsvc.c(1164):GetRegistryEntries(): Unable to open registry
entry for node'SAPHRI'
can anyone help us? Is this error severe?
Also we get an  error when we call our TSM GUI:
Error initializing the cache....If the Problem persists reinstall IE.
after quiting this message we can continue.

mit freundlichen Grüßen

Friedrich Springer
voestalpine
Abteilung FAI, BG41/Zi R110
IS-Infrastruktur
Voest-Alpine Str. 3
A-4031 Linz

Mail: friedrich.springer AT voestalpine DOT com
Tel:  0043-732-6585-8907
Fax: 0043-732- 6980-6221