ADSM-L

Re: Help! I need more space

2001-12-12 13:18:21
Subject: Re: Help! I need more space
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:13:50 -0500
Disk is o.k. for quick restore in house, but what if your facility got wiped
out?  You also need to have DB copies offsite for true DR situations.

David Longo

>>> throuda AT HTD DOT CZ 12/12/01 12:20PM >>>
Hi,

I think there is good idea to keep DBbackups on disks (sequential file
device class), when much disk space is available, and copy them to other
machines in case of TSM server disaster. This will save some space in
library for data and lower tape operations. I am using this way for example
in little backup solutions with one drive connected to TSM server to
minimize tape operations.

Tom