ADSM-L

Re: Help! I need more space

2001-12-12 01:27:43
Subject: Re: Help! I need more space
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 07:19:06 +0100

Hi

How's you're reclamation set up? The default value is 60, but if you take a look at your tapes, i'd guess you have about 10-20% reclaimable space on your tapes.

The L32 has 320 MagStar tapes. Is it C-model XL version tapes? In this case every tape should hold about 15-20GB's each.

If you could make all your tapes full, without any reclaimable space, you should be able to save 2-3GB's per tape.

With 320 tapes, this should be a total of about 600-800GB of free space.

Try setting your reclamation threshold to 5% over the weekend, and you would probably get some more tapes.

The other thing to look at is how many versions of the DBBackup are you saving? Recommended is at least 2, but if you're using more than that, it could be a good idea, to look this over to see if you can save any tapes.

How is your copypool tapes? To look at the reclamation threshold on these tapes could probably be a good idea.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman

Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergkällavägen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>