ADSM-L

Re: Point system has me very confused

2001-12-11 12:57:44
Subject: Re: Point system has me very confused
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 12:54:57 -0500
LOU GERSTNER, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?!?

MY BEEF with this whole issue, is that the point system confusion is STILL a
problem.  Guys, the point system thing (officially called "Value-Based
Pricing") was announced in JULY OF 2000.  THAT'S 17 MONTHS ago.  And
customers are STILL having a problem with it.  And customers are STILL
getting different answers, depending on which reseller or Tivoli office they
talk to (assuming, of course, a Tivoli office will talk to them at all.)
And resellers get different answers, depending on which Tivoli office they
talk to (assuming, of course, that a Tivoli office will talk to them at
all).

It took us 9 MONTHS to get our maintenance contract renewed because of this
mess, with some behavior from Tivoli that I can't repeat here but I will
euphemistically call "inappropriate language to a customer".

And TIVOLI DOES NOTHING TO CLEAN UP THE MESS, which is pretty representative
of Tivoli corps behavior since taking over marketing of this first class
product.

I keep holding my breath for fear that the good people who developed and
support the product are going to get fed up and bail out, in which case we
are all toast.

LOU GERSTNER, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING WHEN YOUR TURNED YOUR ADSM CUSTOMERS
OVER TO TIVOLI??!???

My opinions and nobody else's.

Wanda Prather