ADSM-L

mtlib/tapeutil not able to access 3590's

2001-12-10 16:06:44
Subject: mtlib/tapeutil not able to access 3590's
From: mike_crawford AT TELUSPLANET DOT NET
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 20:48:36 GMT
Good Afternoon,

Since we upgraded IBMtape from 3.0.3.2 to 4.0.4.7, mtlib and tapeutil are not
able to access any of our 3590's in a 3494.

Example:
mtlib -l magstor3 -f /dev/rmt/3st -qD
mtlib: Unable to open device special file /dev/rmt/3st: Permission denied

Everything is working fine ADSM-wise, and we can still query the 3494.  Not
being the Sysadmin for the actual server (and it being located in another
country),
I don't have a lot of access to that machine.

The server is SunOS 2.6,  ADSM v3.1.

Any information you've got would help immeasurably.

Thanks,
Mike