ADSM-L

Re: Backing-Up in Windows 2000 Enviroment ( Verificación ScanMail )

2001-12-10 04:43:15
Subject: Re: Backing-Up in Windows 2000 Enviroment ( Verificación ScanMail )
From: Michael Bartl <michael.bartl AT CW DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 10:40:03 +0100
Rafael,
c:\winnt\system32\config\ contains the files representing your system
objects. You cannot backup those files directly as they are always
exclusively open by the system.
When you let TSM do a backup of your system objects, in fact a kind of
workaround for those files is put in action: TSM makes a copy of the
files not by using a direct file access but by using an NT/Win2k API
function call.

So there's no problem when you cannot backup this directory as long as
the system state is backed up using another method.

Best regards,
Michael

--
Michael Bartl                               mailto:michael.bartl AT cw DOT com
Michael Bartl                               mailto:michael.bartl AT cw DOT com