ADSM-L

Re: Problems with LTO 3581 - URGENT

2001-12-06 21:47:49
Subject: Re: Problems with LTO 3581 - URGENT
From: Molly YM Pui <puimym AT HK1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 10:45:45 +0800
The element number seems to be 82. You can try, if this is not correct, you
can refer the Manual of LTO.

Molly

                    Mauricio
                    Angelino             To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    Massa/Brazil/I       cc:
                    BM@IBMBR             Subject:     Problems with LTO 3581 -
URGENT
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    12/07/2001
                    01:52 AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

*SMers, we're trying to use a LTO 3581in a Windows 2000 server.

When we try to define a drive, with:

define drive lb1.0.0.2 LTO device=\\.\tape0 element=16 online=yes

we receive the following message:

ANR8366E Define drive: invalid value for element parameter.

We tried element number from 16 to 30 without success.

Any gotchas?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
     Mauricio