ADSM-L

total monthly backups

2001-12-06 14:59:32
Subject: total monthly backups
From: Toni Banire <Toni.T.Banire AT GSK DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 19:40:39 +0000
Need help on this one

Is there a way to extract a list of total backups over a monthly period.

I currently have this SQL statement

SELECT start_time, end_time, entity, bytes from summary where activity ='BACKUP'
and end_time between 'start_date' and 'end_date'

To get a list of backups run, I just total all entity values. The snag
here is that if a TSM client has it resourceutilisation set to >1 I will
get duplicate listings for any day during the backup period as it will
list objects processed on each client and not  just the client.

Does anyone know if there is a better way to do this to get a list of
total monthly backups by client and not object.

TIA

Toni