ADSM-L

Import Node Question

2001-12-06 13:00:31
Subject: Import Node Question
From: "Hart, Charles" <charles.hart AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 11:42:32 -0600
We have two AIX servers w/ TSM 4.1 sharing a 3494Lib. We were able to
successfully Export the node from the Source to the Target Server.  Once
we tried the import the node the Virtual volume that was created from
the Export process never seemed to mount so we then canceled the
process.  We can see that on the Target Server's storage pool (we
defined a separate stgpool for this process and a devclass of 3590tape
so the export goes to tape) there is a 3590 tape in the stgpool we are
using that's allocated and filled with what appears to be the same
amount of data as the Export stated.

There must be something we're missing here.  Is there something else we
need to do to get that virtual volume mounted?  I've looked all over and
can not seem to find the answer.  Below is a rundown of events.  Any
help would be Greatly Appreciated!!!

Thanks

EXPORT NODE Server Messages:

Issued Export command: EXPORT NODE
                          IMCP1 FILESPACE=* DOMAIN=WINNT FILEDATA=ALL
PREVIEW=NO DEVCLASS=MSPSTG5 SCRATCH=YES

ANR4006I EXPORT NODE: Volume 1 written by process is
                                        MSPSTG5.EXP.007578434.

12/05/01   17:14:08      ANR0986I Process 3927 for EXPORT NODE running
in the
                                 BACKGROUND processed 810011 items for a
total of
                                 32,450,171,729 bytes with a completion
state of SUCCESS
                                 at 17:14:08.

Import Node Command
import node imcp1 filespace=* domain=winnt filedata=all preview=no
devclass=mspstg1 volumename=MSPSTG5.EXP.007578434

IMPORT NODE Server Status
318     IMPORT NODE      ANR0648I Have copied the following: (0 errors

                                       have been detected).
                                       Waiting for mount of input volume

                                       MSPSTG5.EXP.007578434 (585
seconds).

Volume Name         Storage         Device         Estimated       Pct
Volume
                             Pool Name     Class Name    Capacity
Util      Status
                                                                 (MB)

K01126                 MSPSTG1_IM-     3590TAPE       102,400.0
K01126                 MSPSTG1_IM-     3590TAPE       102,400.0
30.0     Filling
                            PORT