ADSM-L

Re: Netware 5.1 server continually abends on incremental backup.

2001-12-06 10:22:47
Subject: Re: Netware 5.1 server continually abends on incremental backup.
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 10:18:39 -0500
Do you have the latest fixtest version of the TSA's?  I had problems
with 5.0 late 2000 and early 2001 and  our Netware Admin put the
fixtest versions from Nov/Dec 2000 in and it solved the problem.

David Longo

>>> breckma1 AT WSC DOT EDU 12/06/01 10:00AM >>>
Hey folks,
I have a Netware 5.1 server that will abend consistently about half way
through an incremental backup.
It worked fine until I recently upgraded some code on the box to resolve a
non-related directory services problem.
The dsmc error log reveals nothing and the Abend.log has been sent to
Novell for analysis.
The upgrades I put in place are as follows:

Support Pack 3.
Tcpip.nlm 5.43f
winsock 6.00d
ndsaudit.nlm 2.08
filesys.nlm 5.10
timesync 5.24L

Any light anyone could shed would be much appreciated.

Brandon Eckmann
Network and Technology Services
Wayne State College
Wayne NE.

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 12/06/01 10:30:10
---
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain This message
is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary,
or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived
or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please
immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard
copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly,
use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in
this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where the
message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular entity;
and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views or opinions.