ADSM-L

Re: Pricing Question

2001-12-06 00:24:33
Subject: Re: Pricing Question
From: Gabriel Wiley <wileyg AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 00:13:44 -0500
Amen to that!

Gabriel C. Wiley
ADSM/TSM Administrator
AIX Support
Phone 1-614-308-6709
Pager  1-877-489-2867
Fax      1-614-308-6637
Cell       1-740-972-6441

Siempre Hay Esperanza

Jeff Rogers <adsm AT MJROGERS DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 12/04/2001 04:33:43 PM

Sent by:    "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

To:    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

Well, right after I posted that message about pricing frustrations with
Tivoli, I received a quote for NetBackup.  It is four times the cost of
TSM.  Keep in mind, everything I'm currently comparing is list pricing,
but the delta between the two is huge.  Netbackup must be one heck of a
piece of software.

My eyes are opening.....  This isn't Backup Exec, NT Backup, shell scripts
and TAR anymore :-)