ADSM-L

ADSM server crash

2001-12-04 16:21:44
Subject: ADSM server crash
From: Anthony Lanni <anthony AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 11:37:10 -0800
Ok; I'm running ADSM 3.7.2.0 on AIX 2.4; the server died with a core
dump, and we can't get it restarted - it crashed out each time.

several of the drives that the database volumes live on have hit 100%;
we suspect this as the problem, but we can't allocate more space to the
database since the server won't start...  anyone know why it would crash
just because the dbvols filled or the disks filled up?  I understand
that processes would die, but not the server itself...
       I'll be happy to answer any further questions you all may have to help
clear this up.

thanks in advance,

       Anthony Lanni

FROM  errpt -a on the AIX box: