ADSM-L

Re: Sql Restore problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2001-12-03 08:26:27
Subject: Re: Sql Restore problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 08:23:43 -0500
> I need to restore a database from one server to a anther server using
> v1.1(tsm) and SQL2000
> I need to now where cane I and how do I put an option in to say replace
or
> overwrite the database so the I have two databases that are the same but
on
> differed servers

Hugo,

You state that you are using TDP for SQL version 1.1...

In the Installation and User's Guide for version 1.1,
take a look at Appendix B "Advanced Restore Procedures"
under a section titled:

   Restoring an SQL Database from an Alternate SQL Server

But, I must warn your TDP for SQL 1.1 does not support
SQL 2000.  You must have TDP for SQL 2.2 in order
to get official support for SQL 2000.
TDP for SQL 1.1 supports SQL 6.5 and SQL 7.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"Life is short but sweet for certain..."    -- Dave