ADSM-L

Re: Scheduler service logon account

2001-11-30 15:16:06
Subject: Re: Scheduler service logon account
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:12:57 -0500
 I'm not a Windows heavy, but I believe the "read for everyone" doesn't help
you because by default the scheduler service runs under the SYSTEM account,
which isn't logged in to the NT domain, and therefore can't be authenticated
to read a network drive.

Try it once with a valid id with domain rights, that should prove whether or
not it's the problem.

And yes, we don't have a good way to do it because even if you set it up
with a domain account, once the password changes, you're dead.  So we just
don't do it, we put a TSM client on every system we want to back up.  It's
Windoze, there are lots of things not to like!

(BTW, like your tag line!)